Australia gives many vast opportunities to international students who have completed their studies at one of Australian university. Student must complete study while studying on shore and as a full time student. After completing any approved Australian qualification, whose minimum duration should be 2 years, students can apply either for temporary or permanent residence. Both categories comes under skilled immigration category. To become a permanent resident of Australia, you have to pass a point based test. Points are awarded on several factors including your age, Australian qualification, work experience in and outside Australia, English language proficiency and few other factors.
PR for Overseas Students
To score passing points, most of the students need IELTS 7.0 band in each of listening, reading, writing and speaking module. Here are few other conditions which must be met by overseas students;
- Must have completed an Australian qualification (Advanced diploma, undergraduate or postgraduate degree)
- Qualification duration should be minimum 2 years
- You must be full time student while studying in Australia
- Have scored IELTS bands 7.0 in each of four IELTS modules
- Have received professional assessment from your regulatory body (ACS for information technology professionals)