There is a lot of hype about herbal tea, especially when it comes to fitness and wellness. Everyone loves to feel healthy and fit, but what would you do if you are overweight? There is no way that you can feel and look healthy if you don’t lose those extra pounds off your body. Drinking herbal tea is the best way to reduce your weight; however, you will also have to control eating junk food and start exercising to have a quick result. Without a doubt, tea is the most consumed low-calorie beverage, and it can be served both hot or cold. It is vital to know that herbal tea is not your true tea as it is diffused with herbs, flowers, fruits, and spices in hot water. As herbal tea doesn’t contain caffeine, therefore it is a healthy beverage that you can drink daily without the fear of any side effects.
Benefits of Herbal TeaAs you already know that herbal tea comes in different flavors after being made with various herbs and spices, it is great to know that it also comes along with excellent health factors that can help you in losing weight and looking slim in no time without having to do much.
- Every weight loss plan requires you to reduce your calorie intake and stop drinking sugary drinks. So, whenever you are out and want to drink something, go for herbal tea. Not only does it come in different flavors for you to choose from, but it also is a low-calorie drink. By drinking herbal tea two times daily, you can help you shed half a pound per week.
- Herbal teas are rich in antioxidants, minerals, and vitamins, which makes it an excellent option for detoxifying your body. So, when you drink herbal tea daily, you will lose weight and start feeling healthy.
- Drinking can help you in digesting food quickly. Any herbal tea that contains spearmint can smoothen your digestive system, and it also stops you from overeating. The reason why many people put on weight is that they overeat, therefore by drinking spearmint herbal tea; your urge to eat will be reduced. Herbal teas which are best for digestion are chamomile, peppermint, ginger, dandelion, and cinnamon tea.
- It reduces any symptoms of bloating, indigestion and vomiting.
- Herbal teas contain lemongrass, fennel and psyllium husk that can help you in efficiently burning extra fats. Therefore you will end up with having a slim figure.
- These beverages contain catechins that can help in boosting your metabolism, which helps in breaking down the body fats quickly.
- If you suffer from stress or depression due to any reason including fatness, then drinking chamomile tea can help you in relieving some of that stress as this tea can calm your mind.
Different Kinds of Herbal TeaHerbal tea comes in a wide range of flavors that can help you in weight loss as they come along with many health benefiting properties. Ask anyone, and you will get to know that for hundreds of years, herbal tea has been used as a natural remedy for getting rid of different health issues. So, if you want to lose weight or remain healthy, then you can start drinking any of the following mentioned herbal teas according to your taste preference.
- Ginger Tea: The roots of the ginger plant helps in making the ginger tea, which has a peppery and spicy flavor. It contains shogaol and gingerol that can stimulate your digestive system, thus it can break down the food in your stomach, and you will be able to digest the food quickly. It can also block fat absorption in the intestines; therefore you won’t be gaining any extra weight. Drinking ginger tea can also suppress your appetite as it activates happy hormones. Dopamine and norepinephrine are the two happy hormones which can make you feel satisfied; therefore you would not feel the need to overeat.
- Chamomile Tea: Chamomile tea is a herbal tea that has a calming effect, which is why many people love to drink this tea. As this tea is calming, thus it will soothe your stomach and help you in digesting food quickly. It can also relieve cramps.
- Lemon Tea: Lemon tea is known for helping to get rid of that bulging belly as it can stop your bloating. It is rich in antioxidants and contains D-limonene, which really helps in fighting off the bloat.
- Hibiscus Tea: Hibiscus tea is maroon in color and has a sour taste followed by a sweet aftertaste. This herbal tea can boost your metabolism and reduce the fat stored in your body, which can help in enhancing your weight loss.
- Peppermint Tea: Most people gain weight because of the constant cravings. In order to stop your cravings, you can drink peppermint tea as it is the best solution to reduce your urge to eat. According to researchers, the aroma of peppermint can trigger chemical reactions in your brain which helps in making you feel less hungry.