All Australian states have different security licence procedure. Unlike other states, Queensland do not require applicant to be Australia citizen or permanent resident in order to get security guard licence. Fair trading Queensland regulate issuance of security licences. To get unrestricted crowed controller licence, applicant must meet following requirements;
- have completed required training courses
- have at least 100 points of identification (Australian or foreign passport + ATM/bank card or Student card, photo ID etc)
Application for licence is sent directly to Fair Trading Queensland at the address below;
Industry Licensing UnitOffice of Fair Trading
GPO Box 3111
Brisbane QLD 4001.
Phone: 13 QGOV (13 74 68)
Security licence has simplified process which need to be followed carefully. It’s good if you are resident of Queensland otherwise you would be required to travel to Queensland for finger prints. Without going in person and giving finger prints to Queensland police, you can can not get security licence.
- Applicant need a referee to file application. This can be any reputable person who knows you well.
- All documents should be attested by justice of Peace (JP) of your area
- Four recent passport size photographs with light background
- Application fee draft in name of Fair Trading Queensland (See latest fees here)
- Once your application is processed, you will receive acknowledgement letter along with instructions to come for finger prints which are necessary for police clearance procedure. On date of appointment, take this letter with you.
- Once you have given finger prints to Queensland police, you will receive your security licence within 4-8 weeks at your mailing address.
For NSW security licence follow these instructions.