Today vacuum exercise is a main topic of discussion because of its effectiveness on the abdomen to reduce the belly fat. Now, what are vacuum exercises and their benefits? Vacuum exercise is a type of exercise which involves the active contraction of some internal muscles especially the Transversus Abdominis muscle which is the deepest muscle layer. It is involved in the stabilization of the trunk and the spine and also maintains the internal abdominal pressure and provides core stability. It works along with the rectus abdominis and external oblique muscle. Now a day’s vacuum exercise is in practice to get a flat and slimmer belly which is always desired. How to perform the vacuum exercise is the main question?
How to perform vacuum Exercise?
It a bit confusing by its names like some kind of suction or vacuum but it’s an actual exercise. Stomach vacuum is performed through the active contraction of the internal abdominal muscles. It is controlled through a breathing pattern that strengthens the transversus abdominis muscle-a deep internal abdominal muscle. It is very much useful for the athletes and bodybuilders who are interested in buildings abs. The secret behind the perfect abs of the greatest bodybuilder and Hollywood actor Arnold Schwarzenegger stomach vacuum. But it is not the main exercise for building abs but it’s also an important component along with other exercises. You can achieve the desired slim waist and flat belly by following the proper technique. As everything has some pros and cons vacuum exercise also has a disadvantage it weakens the abdomin almuscles as they are kept contracted for longer time periods and gradually weakens over time.
Stomach vacuum can be performed in several positions such as;
- In standing
- Lying down
- Bending over/Kneeling
- Always inhale through the nose and exhale through the mouth in this exercise.
- Practice it on an empty stomach to make full contraction of the abdomen
- Avoid it if you have a hernia; especially Inguinal.
- It reliefs your stress-stress buster because of its similarity to relaxation technique.
- It improves your body posture because transversus abdominis strengthens by this technique
and provide stability to your spine and trunk.
- It enhances your lung capacity.
- It’s helpful in building abs-heavy weight lifting can be performed
- It flattens your tummy and gives you a slimmer waistline.